Full Service Animal Hospital in North Phoenix, AZ
who we are
As North Phoenix has grown, so has Tatum Point Animal Hospital (TPAH), your full service animal hospital! From a one doctor, two-employee practice that opened in October 1993 we have expanded to better serve our clients. Dr. Roice purchased TPAH in October 2003, and she has continued to increase the medical services we offer to our patients. Our goal is to provide superior veterinary care in a friendly and warm environment. In order to stay on the cutting edge (so to speak) of veterinary medicine, our doctors and staff are active participants in continuing education seminars, and communicate and consult frequently with professional peers.
Tatum Point Animal Hospital is a full service vet and an American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) Accredited, veterinary medical facility, located in Phoenix, AZ. Hospitals with AAHA-accredited are voluntarily evaluated on 900 standards. Veterinary hospitals accredited by AAHA must demonstrate an exceptional level of medical care and client service and they are re-evaluated every three years to make sure they are keeping up with industry updates. The professional and courteous staff at Tatum Point Animal Hospital seeks to provide the best possible medical care, surgical care and dental care for their highly-valued patients. We are committed to promoting responsible pet ownership, preventative health care, and health-related educational opportunities for our clients. Tatum Point Animal Hospital strives to offer excellence in full service vet care to Phoenix, AZ and surrounding areas.
Please take a moment to contact us today, to learn more about our full service animal hospital and to find our more information about how Tatum Point Animal Hospital can serve the needs of you and your cherished pet.
meet our team
Dr. Roice, is the Medical Director and owner of Tatum Point Animal Hospital. In the 9 years since she purchased the practice, Dr. Daschelle Roice has consistently strived to advance the quality and scope of the services the hospital is able to offer its clients. She is deeply committed to...
Dr. Kristi Snyder was born and raised in Phoenix. Then Dr. Snyder earned her veterinary degree at Kansas State University in 2008. Additionally, Dr. Snyder enjoys staying active, cooking, writing and spending time with her family and friends. She currently lives with her three dogs Alan, Eddy and Jelly Bean and her...
Dr. Jessica Venable has been working with Tatum Point since April, 2015. She was born and raised in Phoenix and attended Central High School. Dr. Venable received her Bachelor’s degree in Physics from Claremont McKenna College in 2004 and then got her veterinary degree and acupuncture certification from...
Lizzy was born in Brooklyn, New York but moved around quite a bit before landing in Arizona. After completing a veterinary assistant course in high school, Lizzy continued on to complete the Veterinary Technician program at Anthem College. In addition, Lizzy hopes to take the Veterinary Technician National Exam in the near future. Lizzy has a Pit Bull mix named Rocco and secretly wants to "catnap" our office cat, Todd...
Assistant Veterinary Technician
Allison is originally from San Diego but has been in Arizona for the last 16 years. Allison studied at Kaplan College pursuing a degree in Veterinary Technology, graduating in 2013. Since she was very young, Allison has had a passion for veterinary medicine, often getting in trouble as a child for performing “surgery” on her “sick” stuffed animals and even giving exams with her plastic vet kit...
Where did you grow up? Born and raised in Phoenix, AZ.
Who was your favorite pet and why? I don't have a favorite pet, I can't pick between them.
Education? Graduated from Deer Valley High School in 2006. Graduated from Anthem College in 2012 with a degree of Veterinary Technology
Where did you grow up? Cave Creek, Arizona.
Who was your favorite pet and why? My favorite pet is Drake because he has the best personality and he is the cutest.
How did you become interested in the Veterinary field? I became interested in the veterinary field because I've always loved animals. I've always wanted to work with animals.
Customer Service Representative
Caitlin is an Arizona native. Born and raised in Phoenix, Caitlin attended and graduated from Pinnacle High School in 2008. Then after graduating high school, she attended Northern Arizona University, pursuing her BSN in Biology with a minor in Chemistry; all the while maintaining future aspirations of becoming an RN...
Janene Rogers was born in Cherry Point, North Carolina. She grew up all over the United States, but has most recently moved from Massachusetts with her husband and Chihuahua, Macho. She graduated from the University of New Hampshire in 2007 with a Bachelors in Pre-veterinary Medicine, a Minor in Animal Behavior, and a concentration in Business Management. Janene enjoys spending time with Macho, her family, and friends. In addition, her hobbies consist of reading, art, photography, and travel. She hopes to apply to veterinary school in the fall at Mid-Western University and work toward a career where she can do the most good for animals and pets in the community.
- Dr. Daschelle Roice, our practice owner, has been board certified as a specialist in Canine and Feline practice by the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners. Dr Roice's expertise and dedication to excellence is expressed throughout the hospital. It shows in our commitment to a state of the art, full service animal hospital, medical care, and outstanding client experience.
- We are accredited by the American Animal Hospitals Association. Although only 1500 hospitals in the United States and Canada (about 15%) have achieved this status. We have voluntarily agreed to uphold over 900 standards of practice. In addition, the AAHA inspects Tatum Point Animal Hospital every two years to confirm those standards are met.
- We love cats at Tatum Point Animal Hospital! Therefore, we have been certified as a Cat Friendly Practice by the American Association of Feline Practitioners. To achieve this certification, Tatum Point Animal Hospital has received special training to ensure our feline patient's visit is as stress free as possible.
- We take anesthesia seriously. In fact, we believe that with good pre-anesthetic screening, individualized anesthetic drug plans, and proactive monitoring, anesthesia is safe, and allows for procedures that improve your pet's quality of life. Many spay/neuter clinics and general practice veterinarians treat anesthesia as an assembly line. But at Tatum Point, we not only develop individualized anesthetic protocols ensuring that each patient has the appropriate drug combination for their health status, we also designate a surgical nurse who follows each patient throughout their day at the hospital from admission to discharge, and helps to ensure that their experience is as stress-free as possible.
- We offer thorough, personalized, wellness care. Unlike vaccination clinics, where the veterinarian is only administering the vaccines you order, during your Wellness Exam we consider all aspects of your pet's health, including which vaccines your pet actually needs, their nutrition, preventative care, and answer any questions about your pet that you may have.
- Dr. Daschelle Roice is committed to providing your pet excellent full-service medical care. Therefore, Tatum Point Animal Hospital has acquired the expertise and equipment which enables us to offer expanded services, such as ultrasound, and extensive in house laboratory testing, that are not available in many general practices. With these services, you will receive advanced care for your pet in a place that you know, often without having to be referred elsewhere for specialty care.
- Tatum Point Animal Hospital is committed to you and your pet. We know that providing full service care for your pet can be stressful and expensive. Therefore, we are committed to giving you and your pet the best medical care and the best possible experience. In addition, we will make sure you understand your pet's condition. We strive to develop a treatment plan you can complete. Additionally, we will always ensure that you understand the cost and benefits of the options available before you make a decision.
Phoebe had her first appointment today for a check up and will be getting her much needed dental cleaning soon. I've had a bad experience before at a different vet office with a different pet so I was careful to choose and research where to go. I'm glad I chose...Thihan Phan, DDS
They were great at informing me of all my options and the prices of each. Also, look for their new customer coupon online....Jenny B